Thursday 6 January 2011

Magazine front cover: Development and design

































Here is the picture and
background i shall be using for my front cover, they are edited onto each other, and will be edited to look more natural as the front page progresses.


This is my initial Design for the front cover, it has the Title in the selected font, A bar code, an appropriate tagline, and a background image of someone looking at the audience while in a snowy woodland scene. There are many contrast effects on the Background image, and the image imported into the picture, in order to make them look more natural, although dark and mysterious, so as to help my magazines intented genre appeal, as other magazines have proven with this.

I have used inner shadow to create a slightly more natural look of the placement of the person within the background.










This is my improved design, it had better shading of the person against the background, contains text of summaries which would be considered appropriate and relevant to the magazine, added a lens flare in the eye of the "model" and added the line "A glint in the eye" under the shading from "Out of the Darkness" in order to provide relevance to the picture, and keep it marginally mysterious.

The Line "I'm Watching you" is put behind the person, adressing the audience with little subtlety, i will revise the font and usage of it for my finished design. I will probably add more content to the right hand side of the cover, preferably involving pictures.









This is the third design, its the same as the second, with an addition of a list of popular bands within my chosen genre, something which many magazines often do on the covers, to appeal to less specific audiences.



Pictures will be added to the right on my final draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment